SIN has written a number of letters to the Press over the last 6 months on various topics relating to standards in medical care. These have a direct bearing on patient well being and quality of life, in an attempt to make public the views of patients who have received sub-standard medical care and to ensure that the patientís voice is heard! The following are copies of the letters submitted. Sadly only the Daily Express published.
In all FIVE letters have been faxed to the Editor of The Sunday Times:
- "BLUNDERS BY DOCTORS KILL 40,000 A YEAR" - 19th December, 1999
- "CURING THE NHS" - 16th January, 2000 - article highlighted serious under funding of NHS
- "Dr. HAROLD SHIPMAN & THE GMC" - 9th February, 2000
- "REVEALED; CRUELTY OF STAFF IN NHS HOPSITALS" - 12th March 2000
- "ELDERLY ARE HELPED TO DIE TO CLEAR BEDS, CLAIM DOCTOR" - 5th April, 2000
The Sunday Times always sent a note of acknowledgement expressing interest in our views but, unfortunately were unable to print our letters. We appreciated this courtesy.
Similar letters concerning "Dr. HAROLD SHIPMAN & THE GMC" were also sent to "The Observer"
The other letters were sent in response to articles in the following papers:
- The News of the World Re: "SCANDAL OF GUINEA- PIG KIDS" - 16TH January. 2000
- The Independent Re: "DOCTORS SAY "VAGUE" GMC IS FAILING THEM" - 3rd. March, 2000
- The Daily Express Re: "GPs NEED INJECTION OF SCRUTINY" (Dr.Shipman & GMC) - 29th February, 2000